Sunday, November 8, 2009

No Training Wheels

A couple of months ago Erik took Hannah's training wheels off. She tried to ride her bike a couple of times and was not too hot on the idea, but he refused to put them back on. At the first of November she was on her bike just balancing with her feet down. As I watched from the garage she started trying to pedal and sure enough she just started riding, all by herself. A few days later she wanted me to take some pictures and video of her, she was so happy. She is doing even better now, we have ridden all the way to the park, while I ride my bike and pull the kids in the trailer. It is great to have her riding now...

5 comments:

Scott and Becky said...

Way to go Hannah! (spelled the same backward and forward)

MDub said...

That's great!! But it looks like it may be time for a new bike. Getting a little big for that one? (BTW this is Irene, not Matt)

Chad and Cindy said...

Grandpa and I knew you could do it, great job! We're glad to see you are wearing your safety gear, such a smart girl. We love your smile too.

Matt and Jess said...

How fun! I'm impressed that she just did it herself! I loved all of their Halloween costumes, they looked so cute!

Kelli said...

May I suggest to all the first time parents, it is much easier for kids to learn without training wheels on a little bike. When they tip or loose their balance they can just put their feet down instead of falling. I got the advice from my neighbor, worked like a charm! The bigger bike will come in the spring (Irene:)).