Thursday, September 17, 2009

206 Miles on a Bike

Erik rode the LOTOJA on Saturday. 206 miles from Logan, Utah to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. What an experience for both of us!!!

I drove as Erik's support to give him food and water at several feed zones. We weren't always along side of them, sometimeS they took us on a different route due to narrow roads. Here were are on a dusty dirt road.


Erik rode with his friend Travis.



A quick pic at feed zone 6, Alpine WY. Still looking strong 47 miles to go.



All the spectators at Alpine...craziness!



Picture along the Snake River. I took it of Erik and Travis while driving. The scenery was gorgeous in the canyon. Spectators with cow bells, river rafters, kayaks.



Erik on left just before the finish line.


After the race. Erik was tired from the long day, but physically and mentally he felt great!



We enjoyed downtown Jackson for a few hours the next morning. There was an art festival, we ate food and bought new jammies for the kids. Thanks to Erik's parents Scott and Becky for tending them. I could not have done it alone with 3 kids.

What a great accomplishment. I am so proud of Erik, he trained so hard for months and he did awesome!!! I was so exhausted by the end I can't even imagine how he felt. Love you Erik!!
206 MILES * 3 STATES * 1 DAY * ALREADY TRAINING FOR NEXT YEAR

12 comments:

Chad and Cindy said...

What a great goal accomplished! You are awesome. I love the pictures especially the action one out the window. I will be bragging about you for days. Great support crew too. Way to go!

Shannon said...

Tell Erik congrats! That really is an awesome accomplishment. What a fun destination. Jackson is the best.

geislers said...

That is awesome!!! Great job Erik! My dad did the relay part of it. Sounds hard to me!

Angie said...

Way to go Erik!! What an accomplishment.

Sidney Cottle said...

Great job!! Definitely something to be proud of!

Scott and Becky said...

We are so proud of you Erik! One thing about you over the years......once you set your mind to something....there is no holding back! Again Congrats to you. Taking the kids was not hard, they are good kids (especially when they never left the couch) ha ha

Stephanie said...

GO ERIK!! So proud of the both of you. Kelli- I know how hard it is to have you hubby gone for that much training. Erik- not only shows what a strong body you have, but also a very strong will, and mind! Congrats.

Austin & Shawnee said...

Ahhhh! I forgot to email you the pictures I took of the finish. I'll email it to you....I don't know how, but I actually took two. Weird since my camera had turned off...

Mindy said...

That is awesome! I can't imagine riding my bike 10 miles (ok, probably one mile would do me in!) - but 206!!! HOLY CRAP that's a long bike ride! :) Good job... Glad it's you and not me! ;)

Irene said...

Great job Erik! You are awesome.

Anonymous said...

AMAZING!!

Matt and Jess said...

Wow, way to go Erik!! That is really awesome, I wish I could do something like that! I just bought a bike, so for not riding in about 6 years, around that block is good for me!