Thursday, August 19, 2010

Yellowstone--no dads allowed

I had this "great" idea to go to our cabin in Island Park while Erik rode the Saints to Sinners bike race to Vegas at the end of July. I invited to my mom and sis-in-law to go too with no dads. Lets just say not one of my greatest ideas, it was a little rough but here are some highlights when the kids weren't crying and the moms weren't getting mad...
Old Faithful...I think this is one of the best pics I have of the old geyser. The wind was blowing just the right direction, it was great.
Kate and Porter best friends. Kate is about 7mo older and thinks she always needs to take care of Porter, he plays along for now.



Kate has moved onto the next smiling phase, I do miss her cheeeese smile but I do like that she keeps her eyes open now. What a cutie!



I can always count on Hannah for a pictures pose. Waiting for the eruption of Old Faithful.



Picnic Lunch




We also found out there aren't very many animals to see in July. We did see some Buffalo and Elk, and this big guy.



I do love my kids, but I think I love them more on vacation when Erik is with us.

It's all about the memories right??? Thanks Mom and Ang, glad we survived!!!


5 comments:

Austin & Shawnee said...

What a fun idea.....I could sure use a girls trip right now.

Sidney Cottle said...

you're so funny kelli....at least you tried! :) maybe girls trip without the kids is what you need. i'll be the first to volunteer to go with you!!!! :)

Scott and Becky said...

There's always girls night out on September 24 and 25 at Bear Lake! No kids and lots of laughs with the Jenkins ladies!

Sarah said...

Fun! It sure was nice to see you this summer. I hope that you're feeling good and hanging in there - not much longer now to get your new baby!

Matt and Jess said...

How fun, I'll bet the older kids will remember it as such a fun trip.