Friday, May 15, 2009

Sea World

Day 2 Event: Sea World
I absolutely loved Sea World. It isn't very often you get to see whales, dolphins, sea lions, sharks, etc. The weather was great.
Right when we arrived we watched the dolphin show. We sat in the "splash zone" seats figuring how wet could you get from dolphins, but they didn't tell you some whales were in the show. Thankfully we were in the middle section and didn't even get a drop on us. The side sections got soaked!!!

Cameron at the Sting Ray touch pond. They were huge sting-rays. Some of the family fed them fish. They felt so wet and squishy.

The Shamu show was awesome and too short. I can't even believe what these trainer/performers do, crazy and so entertaining.


There was a great polar bear and penguin exhibit. They fed the bears trying to get them into the water so we ran to the under water viewing area but they would never go all the way in. Those 4 furry legs look huge under water with all the hair puffed out.


My fam, minus the sea lion on the left. You will soon realize Cameron doesn't stop much for pictures so he usually doesn't look very good.

We got 3 packages of fish to feed the Sea Lions with, the kids would drop them over the glass right into their mouths. They were barking and calling to us until Erik or the kids would throw them a fish. So much fun!!!


They kids did great. At the end of the long day the kids were picking out a stuffed animal and I tried to be sneaky and change out Cam's $25 Shamu for a $12 one. He cried and cried saying he needed the bigger Shamu, I felt so bad. As soon as we got to the car he fell asleep and hasn't mentioned it since. Thank goodness.
Coming soon---The Beach and Medieval Times

5 comments:

Scott and Becky said...

great pictures! It was fun wasn't it. You have much better pictures than I do.

Sidney Cottle said...

Hooray for Sea World! Can't wait to see more!!!

Mindy said...

Looks like so much fun... I think we need to plan a trip to California! :)

Anonymous said...

Hello, This is Makenzie Moyes. I saw your blog from Erins and thought it was you so I checked it out. Your family is getting so big I cant believe it. Im glad that is saw your blog. I will tell my mom. We all have blogs to so if you want we can invite you to them.
Kenzie Moyes

Matt and Jess said...

Sea World looks like a blast!! I've never been, but have wanted to. Your kids looks like they are having a ball.