Thursday, July 9, 2009

Our 4th of July

Hannah and Cameron started out the day riding their bikes in the parade. Thanks to Erik who decorated the bikes on the 3rd while I was at work.


Kate and I watched the kids with my parents. After the bike parade the kids and Erik joined us for the rest of the parade.

We went to the park and did the fish pond, snow cones, and face painting. Then it was time for a nap, for me and the kids.


We watched the fireworks at Erik's parents. We roasted marshmallows, made smores, and Jennifer brought sparklers, the kids loved it. Thanks Jen!



Kate's 1st sparkler!


We had a great 4th, hope everyone else did to!

3 comments:

Sidney Cottle said...

Looks like our kids would've matched this 4th of July....too bad we never ran into each other. We totally had plans to go down to PC....but after our park my kids were tired and I was slighty ornery having to deal with them myself so we never made it. Plus...we had to get up early (blah) since Taryn was in the parade...which by the way I didn't dress her differently....she was the only one in her class that participated and that's the costume they were supposed to wear....silly Kelli. :) I ran into your ALL of your family at the park that night and I thought for sure you'd be coming over, but your dad said he didn't know your plans. We could've had a neighborhood reunion!! I was talking with Ashlee and we think it would be fun to all get together for a big BBQ at a park or something. What do you think?

Mindy said...

Looks like a fun 4th. I can't believe how long Kate's hair is getting! Curlier too! You are such a good mom to let them ride in the parade - and what a good dad to decorate their bikes for/with them! :)

Matt and Jess said...

Looks like you guys had a great 4th of July! Good job Erik on the decorations for the bikes!